Fears

I was feeling alright. Everything was cool, working just fine.

Then, I wake up today with a sense of dread. I couldn't sleep well, I couldn't regain that previous peace of mind.

I feel I'm closer than I've ever been to definitely shaping my future. In a matter of weeks a lot could happen.

So, I guess feeling a little restless is not so weird after all.

I'm worried, though, because I think I dread succeeding as much as failing.

You see, I'm not used to this... I've stopped expecting things to work out fine for me a long time ago, and mostly I've been right in doing so.

So, basically, I'm afraid of not being accepted. I'm afraid of not being good, likable, smart enough.

And then, I'm also scared this might not be a good thing. What if I realize that's not where I want to be?

So, apparently I'm 20+ years but I didn't want to grow up. Choosing, being chosen, taking risks, being aware that every action has consequences... it's all so intimidating.

It's like being a 5 year old again, but this time, when I try to learn to ride a bike, there's just no one to catch me if I fall.

Comentarios

andal13 dijo…
Oh my dog...!
Well, actually I'm 40+ and I'm feeling just the same way... always...
I guess it's just something called "life"!
andal13 dijo…
By the way... esta noche me voy a ver al Cuarteto!!!
No hay caso, ya no sé qué hacer conmigo...
Florence dijo…
Come on. Hay cosas peores.... yo, por ejemplo, no se andar en bicicleta.
Martín dijo…
Andrea: really? 40+? Se puede ser así de cool con 40+? Wow! Felicidades.

El Cuarteto tiene tanta razón!

Flor: me dejás helado. Enserio? Si querés te enseño...
andal13 dijo…
Sí, Martín, cumplo 41 en unos días... No sé si soy cool o tremenda pelotuda!!!

Anoche agité con el Cuarteto, que también son 40+ y cool... o tremendos pelotudos!!!
Martín dijo…
Andrea: cool, definitivamente. La opinión de quienes ven a otros como pelotudos en esos casos, es la de aquéllos amargados que no entienden cómo alguien puede pasarla bien y mantenerse cool.

Básicamente hablamos de envidia.

Me alegro que la hayas pasado bien. El jueves me toca a mí.
Todos tenemos momentos así...
Me parece que a veces hay que dejar los miedos de lado y darle para adelante. Puede que salga como que no, pero de todo se aprende y si siempre damos lo mejor de nosotros, tan mal no puede salir no?
Besos!
Martín dijo…
Iuch: easier said than done... pero estoy de acuerdo con la premisa.

Supongo que a veces, por más que uno sepa que es así, es difícil superar esa barrera psicológica. A mí me pasa, por lo menos.
Obviously!
Pero creo que todo cambio empieza por proponérselo, y si bien no es mágico e instantáneo, por algún lado hay que empezar... :)

Entradas populares